DORSET AQUA DOGS
PROVIDING PROFESSIONAL AND CARING CANINE HYDROTHERAPY
– 13ft x 7ft x 4ft deep swimming pool, heated to 30° C
– Filtered and sanitised to human standards
– Dogs swum individually in either a harness or life jacket
– Tailor-made swimming programme designed specifically for your dog
What is Hydrotherapy?
Canine hydrotherapy is the use of exercise in water for the treatment of various conditions. These include orthopaedic and neurological problems, increasing fitness and for building confidence in water. It can also aid rehabilitation following surgery.
Extensive research in human physiotherapy has demonstrated that a suitably monitored course of hydrotherapy improves joint range of motion, muscle tone and promotes tissue repair in a non-weight bearing environment.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Swimming is an excellent form of exercise because most of the muscles normally used in movement are involved, but without the stresses caused by weight-bearing exercise.
On land, each footfall creates a shock wave which travels up the limb and is absorbed by bones, tendons and joints. Whilst these forces are necessary to maintain healthy, strong bone, if severe or repetitive, these shockwaves can actually damage or weaken the limb, particularly an arthritic joint …..
What can Hydrotherapy help?
- Pre & Post operative conditioning
- Osteoarthritis: reduced pain and increased mobility
- Hip / Elbow dysplasia
- Chronic degenerative radiculomyelopathy (CDRM)
- Spinal injuries
- Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD)
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- As part of a conservative management plan
Why Choose Us?
Dorset Aqua Dogs Hydrotherapy was established in 2006 and is a purpose built hydrotherapy centre in the beautiful Dorset countryside, within reach of all the major towns and with safe parking directly outside the door.
We pride ourselves in offering a professional, caring and friendly service and are dedicated to providing a stress free environment for the dogs as well as their owners during their visits.
Please note that booking is essential for hydrotherapy sessions - please call us on 01929 459778 for an appointment
All new dogs have their initial assessment with our Veterinary Physiotherapist
A consent form from your vet is required for all sessions (including fitness and puppy sessions)
Tel: 01929 459778