Terms And Conditions
- Dorset Aqua Dogs Hydrotherapy Ltd, The Old Stables, Manor Farm, Bloxworth, Wareham Dorset BH20 7EB – 01929 459778
Dorset Aqua Dogs Hydrotherapy Ltd (DAD) TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read all this important safety information – it applies to our car park, external areas and the swimming pool area.
HEALTH AND SAFETY – HUMANS
I understand that I may be asked to walk/run/participate in exercises/therapy to motivate my dog and I understand there are trip/slip hazards including other people and dogs present. I have been advised that I should wear suitable non-slip footwear. I will inform Dorset Aqua Dogs (DAD) if I am unable/unwilling to participate. I will also inform DAD if I have any disability or medical condition that limits my ability to participate or puts me at greater risk of injury.
I understand that I am responsible for my children’s safety and behaviour while they are on the premises and that they should remain seated in the reception area of the pool. My children will remain under my close supervision at all times and in all areas of the centre. I understand that I am responsible for the safety of people/visitors accompanying me whilst at DAD as they may not be familiar with the procedures and hazards that I have been made aware of.
HEALTH AND SAFETY – DOGS
- Always have a collar and/or harness on your dog. Keep your dog on a lead at all times until a member of staff tells you that it is safe to release your dog. Dogs not on leads pose a serious health and safety risk to members of staff, other clients and their dogs.
- If you are not strong enough or have a problem controlling your dog, please ask a member of staff for help.
- Always check with us before bringing your dog into the reception – your dog might be wonderful with other dogs but not all dogs are. Please remember we have injured dogs on the premises that can feel threatened or could be hurt by normal friendly behaviour.
Staff members are under strict orders regarding collars and leads on dogs – please listen to them. These rules are for everyone’s safety and comfort. Clients who have been warned and continue to ignore staff instructions to check before entering reception and/or control their dog(s) will not be allowed to continue to use our facilities.
CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES
I will inform Dorset Aqua Dogs of any changes to medication, any surgical procedures or changed in veterinary advice affecting my dog. I understand that any of these changes may affect the type and duration of treatment. I will inform Dorset Aqua Dogs if my dog is receiving treatment elsewhere e.g. Physiotherapy, chiropractor, massage treatment, TTouch practitioner, etc. I will inform Dorset Aqua Dogs immediately if my dog contracts any infectious or contagious diseases (e.g. kennel cough)
DISCUSSION OF RISK
Physical exercise together with the pressure of the water on the chest and the abdomen can put stress on your dog’s cardio respiratory functions. If there is an undiagnosed cardiac or respiratory condition your dog could be at risk. Whilst all due care will be taken, if your dog has a diagnosed or undiagnosed spinal condition, there is a possibility their condition could be worsened by hydrotherapy.
If your dog poops – please clean up and dispose of it in the bucket provided and the end of the decking. Ask if you need a poop bag or help – we do not mind as accidents happen with elderly, young or disabled dogs. Use the designated grass area to toilet your dog – please do not take them down the road as fast/heavy vehicles make this dangerous. Using the grass verges is unpleasant and unhealthy for our neighbours, other people and wild animals and domestic animals.
APPOINTMENTS – Late Arrivals:
Up to 15 minutes late – we will start the swim but your dog(s) will be required to leave the pool area to enable the next dog’s swim to start punctually.
Over 15 minutes late – we may let the next client start their dog(s) swimming and try to fit you in at the end of their appointment. This will not always be possible.
In either case the full charge will apply
Missed Appointments – The full charge will apply
Cancellations – We require a minimum of 24 hours notice otherwise the full charge will apply.
Dorset Aqua Dogs reserves the right to change or cancel appointments when and if necessary i.e. in case of
power failure, maintenance, water etc.
Declaration – I hereby give permission for my dog to receive treatment from DAD. I have given all relevant medical and behavioral history
to DAD and believe the information given to be correct. I give permission for DAD to exchange information with my veterinary practice
about my dog’s condition and/or behaviour. I will not bring any dogs to DAD which has contacted or been knowingly exposed to any
infectious or contagious diseases. I agree to abide by all the terms and conditions, which are above and that have been explained to me.
Signature of dog owner: ______________________ Date: _____________ Signature of member of staff: ________________________
1. Whilst every care is taken of the dogs undergoing treatment and in the maintenance of the water and equipment, all dogs receive hydrotherapy treatment entirely at their owner’s risk.
2. All treatment courses, including those to be part of an insurance claim, must be paid for in advance. Individual sessions must be paid for on the day of treatment.
3. Session fees will be charged in full if an appointment is cancelled without 24 hours notice.
4. Late arrivals – Up to 15 minutes late, we will start the swim but your dog will be required to leave the pool early to enable the next clients appointment to start punctually.
Over 15 minutes late – we may let the next client start their dog swimming and try and fit you in at the end of their appointment but this will not always be possible. In either case the full charge will apply.
Missed appointments – the full charge will apply.
5. Dogs will not be treated without the prior authorisation of their Veterinary Surgeon.
6. Dogs with infectious or contagious conditions, such as Ear, Eye or Skin infections, gastric upset etc, will not be treated. Owners
are advised to cancel all appointments with at least 24 hours notice, until the condition is clear. Normal cancellation conditions
7. Bitches that are in season will not be able to attend sessions until their season has finished.
8. Please ensure your dog’s vaccinations are up to date and make sure this is filled in on the referral form. We do have a disclaimer form which is to be signed in the event of any unvaccinated dogs.
9. Owners are required to notify the Hydrotherapist if the dog’s injury or condition worsens, of any changes to medication, any surgical procedures or changes in veterinary advice affecting the dog as this may affect the type and duration of treatment or if the veterinary surgeon advises that the treatment is to be stopped or suspended.
10. DAD reserves the right to refuse treatment to any dog.
11. Owner’s are requested not to feed their dog for at least 3 hours before attending an appointment, and please ensure that the dog has emptied it’s bowels before arriving. A surcharge of £20 will be made for dogs that defecate in the pool, as we will have to close the pool to clean it. We also advise owners not to feed their dog for approximately 1 hour after swimming.
12. Keep your dog on a lead at all times until a member of staff tells you that it is safe to release your dog. If you are not strong enough or have problems controlling your dog, please ask a member of staff for help.
13. It is the owner’s responsibility to poop-scoop after their dogs, whilst on company premises and its surrounding environment. Poopscoop bags are available on request and a bin is provided. Please use the grass area outside the poolroom.
14. DAD cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or personal property, loss or injury to any person or dog whilst on company premises howsoever occasioned.
15. DAD reserves the right to use video footage and photographic stills taken during sessions.
16. The floor in the pool area can become very wet during swimming sessions, it is advisable to wear sensible shoes to avoid slipping and if possible to bring a shower proof jacket to protect your clothing.
17. Please ensure all dogs are clean and not muddy when they arrive for their swim.
18. Children under 16 years of age are not allowed in the hydrotherapy area, but are allowed to watch from the barrier.
19. Only one dog at a time is allowed in the hydrotherapy room unless accompanied by a hydrotherapist.
20. DAD reserves the right to cancel any session, i.e. in the case of a power failure. Please ensure we can always contact you by telephone. (See Registration Form, mobile phones no etc.).
I/We have read and fully accept the Dorset Aqua Dogs Hydrotherapy Ltd terms and conditions.
Tel: 01929 459778